Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Return of the Belly Shots

These, I have to admit were done rather hastily. Kevin was the photographer this time, and the top picture was one he took when I didn't know he was taking my picture. I was adjusting my wedding ring. But, of the six or so photos he took, I think it shows my belly size the best. And, you can tell how much whiter my tummy is than my arms -- we're coming off a really hot summer. I don't really tan much, but my tummy is whiter than the driven snow!



This second photo is one that I actually turned into a poster for Ginny's new room. There was a website having a special deal that expired tomorrow, so I had to take some pictures tonight and submit them to this website to get my screamin' deal. I ordered a 20"x13" poster for Ginny's room that has a pretty quote under this picture of my belly, saying something like, "Ah... Life grows lovely when you're around." I also got a cute, whimsical growth chart for Mikey's new room, which is personalized with a cute photo of him and his name. These two items would have cost me $43 at full price, but I got them for $3! Add $13.30 for shipping, and it still only averages out to just over $8 per item. I'm excited for them to arrive in the mail.

On a side note, yes I do have half an outie belly button. Kevin thinks it's funny. Just the top half sticks out. That is one difference with this pregnancy. My belly button is funny-looking! And, Ginny doesn't get the hiccups nearly as often as Mikey did. She has only had them three times that I can remember. Mikey would get them three times a day, it seemed. Ginny's head is also lower than Mikey's ever was before labor; I am having to pee way more often this last trimester than I did with Mikey. She is very active and can stretch out to strange places, like the under side of my ribs or the inner edges of my iliac crests (the curved upper portion of the hip bones). We are so excited to meet this sweet little girl! I keep telling people I have 6 weeks left; I think I'll keep saying that for the next two weeks so that I cover the chance of going past my due date. However, I will say that I have a lot more Braxton-Hicks (pre-labor "warm-up" contractions) with Ginny than I ever did with Mikey. I didn't get any with him until a week or so before he was born. I'm already having them with Ginny. Maybe she'll grace us with her presence a little sooner than we expect. Just in case, I'm going to start getting my birth supplies ready! Hooray for our baby girl! We LOVE YOU.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Meg said...

So excited for you!! Funny, I really thought you had a white shirt on ;) Don't worry, my tum is that white too, though definitely not as cute.

annie said...

you are so artistic and money-smart! i want to be like you. :)

Jana Brookes said...

I love the second picture with you making a heart shape! So cute, and awesome deals you got! I would still trade you bellies, at your full term! Ha ha! My belly button is herniated. Nice, huh? Oh the joys of pregnancy. Maybe one day I will get it fixed. I can't wait to see little Ginny arrive!

Nicea said...

You're such a little earth mama! Love that you're taking your belly shots for documentation purposes. :)

Shawn said...

I can't wait to see that baby girl too. And I'm also looking forward to seeing your posters. Couldn't pull them up online. Maybe I should start looking for plane tickets. It feels like I just got off the stupid plane, though! I shouldn't call it stupid or it might crash next time. :(