Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hooray, I Found My Camera!


I have been really slacking on the blogging. But, I'm very happy I found my camera. It was in the backpack/child carrier that we took on our last hike, which was in the garage. Anyway, a lot of changes have been happening around here, one of which is that Mikey has more teeth. He now has four and is working on his fifth! He is quite the entertainer these days.


The other day he found this reusable shopping bag and managed to get it around his neck. Then he proceeded to run around the house with the bag in front of him like this, just giggling away!


Here is a good shot I got of him with his 3-toothed smile. His second top tooth is almost to the same level as his first now. He is eating more and more of the food we eat, and learned last month how to hold his own spoon and eat with it. However, since he learned to hold a spoon, he has also discovered what a good drum stick it makes and usually just bangs it on stuff now. He will still eat pureed baby foods, which is mostly the only way we can get him to eat his veggies, since he doesn't like the texture of many of them raw or steamed.


These are the first two outfits I bought Ginny after we found out we were having a girl! They were on the clearance racks at Target. The onesie on the left says "Hi! I'm new here" and I think it was 1.08 on clearance! The other one was somewhere in the four to five dollar range, but also a significant deal. Since that outing, I have also inherited three grocery bags full of baby clothes from a good friend of mine, and bought another grocery bag full of cute clothes at a garage sale for $35. I am so excited to meet this little girl! She is moving a lot, and I think she likes to stretch her arms and legs at the same time because I felt her hitting my right hip at the same time she was almost hitting my left hip! (I'm 25 weeks, by the way, if you haven't seen the "tickers" at the top right of my blog.) She is very active at times and I can see her moving from the outside most of the time now!


Mikey had his first outing to the water park on June 10th. He is now 16 months old, but these were taken a few weeks ago. He LOVED it! It's called the splash pad, and just has a bunch of different water squirters that alternate going off and on. He loved to run around to the different things and splash in the water. I also thought his swim outfit and hat were adorable. We went from about 5:30 to 6:30 in the evening, when the temperature was still about 80, but Mikey played so long in the water and got so soaked, he was shivering like crazy by the end. But he wouldn't have stopped playing if I didn't grab him and dry him off! He was having too much fun to notice the goosebumps.


We also got to get Mikey together with ALL of his cousins from both sides of the family over the Father's Day weekend! Kevin's brother Stephen graduated from dental school recently and his family is moving to Colorado. Hooray! They used to live in Virginia because they went to the same dental school Kevin did (VCU), and Kevin's other siblings were both in town with their kids as well. We spent the weekend at Vern and Cheryl's house and the cousins had fun playing and using their imaginations in the back yard. Mikey had a blast with the toy car that was just his size. I didn't quite get pictures of every grandkid, but once again, I didn't have my camera with me all the time. Mikey and I also got to stop by and visit his one cousin on the Glenn side (Mya) and they had fun together. Mya was hilarious with how excited she got to see Mikey, and she kept waving and smiling and reaching out to touch him. It was a fun weekend and we were happy to have everyone together for a short time! Thanks so much to Vern and Cheryl for their ever-wonderful hospitality and for the wonderful grandparents that they are to Mikey and all their other grandkids!


Here is just an adorable father-son picture, from when Mikey was 15 months. In the next post, I hope to show you our garden, our grass, tree, and flowers. The yard has really come a long way in the past two years, thanks to our hard work! ...and the hard work of a professional who did our sprinkler system. We are already starting to see the fruits of our labor in the garden, with several tomatoes, peppers, and a few strawberries starting to bloom and grow. I'll try to remember to take a belly shot too, since I've been slacking on those as well.

3 comments:

Matt and Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found your camera as well, what a relief. The pictures are sooo cute! It sounds like you got a good deal as well. I really do love getting hand me downs and shopping on craigs list. I really don't know how people can buy all their kids stuff new. Anyway I'm glad your well and I miss you too! p.s. I love babies!!!

Meg said...

Wow, Mikey is such a water monkey! Peter loves his baths, but totally freaks out at the splash place at Sea World or in the pool?
Yes, we are coming!! So excited to see you guys and get these two boys together!

Shawn said...

Jamie, I love these pictures! I need to get copies of some of them. I was thinking I need to take some with me to put on my fridge in Brazil and in my wallet. Cute ones of Mikey and Mya together too. And I love the tooth one! See you in a few days!