Friday, January 27, 2012

A little bit of our January

 Our little Mikey getting ready to go ice fishing. He got the hat, snow pants and snow boots for Christmas. He's been ice fishing more times than I have now!

 This boy loves puzzles and he got this one from his cousins for Christmas. It only took him a week or so before he mastered it. Now he gets mad if anybody puts the pieces in the wrong space. He always wants it to match.

 He also loves his baby sister. He is constantly giving her "hugs" but since she is usually lying down, it equates to doing a dog pile on her.

 She's getting used to him lying on top of her by now, so she doesn't make too big of a fuss.

 We found Mikey like this in his high chair one night for dinner. He kept saying "tuck, tuck" and we realized he meant "stuck." 

And here's Ginny in an outfit we got from a friend of my parents in Brazil. Thanks, Ruth!

We are all doing well. I'm mentally gearing up to try to finish potty training Mikey soon. I checked out some books from the library and I'm realizing that Mikey is very ready, and is well prepared since I've been teaching him about the toilet since he was 8 months old. Anyway, he is very good at telling me when he has to go poop, and very rarely poops in his diaper now. We are going to work on the bladder control. It will be nice to get him out of diapers.

Ginny's update is that she is falling asleep for her naps easier right now than she has been for weeks. We can wrap her up and lie her down wide awake, leave the room, and she just goes to sleep. Hopefully it continues, but she has been anything but consistent when it comes to her sleep habits so far! She is getting bigger, getting much better at holding up her head, and still sleeping well at night. When she's awake, she gives the hugest smiles that just melt our hearts. We are so happy to have her in our family.

Kevin and I are working at the dental office... Although he works a few more hours than I do. I have started to go into the office two days a week for 3.5 hours each day to stay caught up with my work. A good friend of mine in Grand Junction watches the kids for me so I can get a lot done. It has been a fun little diversion from the daily grind. I'm also doing a few more things to get me out of the house and give me a break from full-time mothering. Tomorrow morning I'm going to a sewing class at Quilter's Corner in downtown GJ, and then next weekend I'm going bowling with some girlfriends after the kids go to sleep. Kevin has graciously agreed to babysit so I can still have time to myself occasionally. This has made me a very happy camper, and by that I mean, a very happy person who is sleeping in her warm bed every night and not camping.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

How many times has Mikey been ice fishing now? Is he liking it better? Looks like Ginny is getting some peach fuzz. I see a hairline!!!!

Glad you're getting some "me" time.