Monday, January 2, 2012

My Babies

I've been wanting to make this post for a while. There are some kind of fun things that Mikey and Ginny have in common.

1. They were both born on a Saturday. (Cue Saturday's Warrior theme song... "Who are these children coming down... coming down like drops of rain through darkened skies?...") I know you all thought it too ;)
2. They were both named after other people: Michael is Kevin's middle name; Ginny is the name of a friend of mine from grad school and Kay is my mom's middle name.
3. They were also both named after places: Gannett is the tallest mountain in Wyoming, in our favorite Wind River range; Ginny is short for Virginia where Kevin and I met.
4. They were both share birthdays with another extended family member: Mikey shares Feb 20th with his cousin Savannah; Ginny shares Oct 8th with her aunt Autumn.
5. They are both freaking cute.
6. They were both born at home. :)

I might add to that list if I remember anything else. I had quite a long mental list going. Now here are some fun differences.

1. Mikey was a very frequent spitter-upper. We're talking 20+ times a day most days, until he was 6 months old when it started to taper off. Ginny spits up probably an average of twice a week.
2. Mikey was heavier and longer at birth, but Ginny has been gaining weight and growing in length at a much faster rate than Mikey so far. I wouldn't be surprised if she catches up to him at some point.
3. Mikey was an incredible sleeper - he started sleeping 12 hrs a night with one feeding at about the 8 hr mark when he was three months old! Ginny is also an incredible sleeper at times, but she is less consistent. She has slept through the night several times already (she's just under 3 months old) and very frequently sleeps a total of 12 hrs with one feeding in the middle somewhere.
4. Ginny's poops are WAY smellier! (She's gonna be really happy I mentioned that when she's a teenager.)
5. Mikey took almost 3 hours of pushing to be born, Ginny took about 3 seconds.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ginnie wins the prize for only three seconds of pushing!! Too cute. But, um, where are the pictures?? :)

Shawn said...

Yes, pictures. I don't have enough on my walls yet. I need more. Interesting stats though.