Thursday, March 22, 2012

People I Love


Mikey and Ginny doing story time together

"Look Ginny, it's a Q!"


I caught her smiling. She always smiles with her mouth wide open like this.
 

Mikey giving his signature open-mouth kisses to Ginny. He also likes to lie on top of her like a pancake -- I think he thinks it's the same as a hug when she's lying on the floor.
 

"MWAH!"
 

The family getting ready for bed one night. I love these people!!!
 

Another one of Mikey's recent favorite things: trying to fit inside the exersaucer while Ginny is already inside.
 

I can't blame him for wanting to be close to his sister... And Ginny actually doesn't seem to mind! She is going to be a tough little girl, I think.
 

Some more people I love: my friends Cassa, Amber, and Katie. We went out to dinner and had an all-black, glitter-and-red-lipstick-wearing, big-haired theme for Cassa's birthday. She and I are both turning 29 this year (her birthday was in March, mine's in April) so we kind of celebrated both.
 

This is the dessert they brought us at the Mexican restaurant: Strawberry Nachos. They're basically sopapillas with a strawberry topping, honey, and whipped cream. YUM. We were trying to hold up our fingers to show 29, but Cassa's 4th finger got cut off... not actually cut off, just outside the frame of the picture ;)
 

We went and played in the snow later that week with Katie and her kids. This is Mikey getting his sunscreen on.
 

In the parking lot before embarking.
 

One cool dude. He doesn't wear his glasses for more than a few seconds, but they are dang cute on him!
 

Kevin carried Mikey on his back...
 

And I carried Ginny on my front!
 

Katie and her daughter were on cross-country skis; her son who is about 6 months older than Mikey rode in a backpack carrier the majority of the time, but he was walking with her in this picture.
 

Kevin and I were snowshoeing; we haven't used our snowshoes as much as we would have liked, so this was a nice outing.

Ginny enjoyed herself too. It was such perfect weather that day. We might go again tomorrow. One thing I love about living in Grand Junction is that even though spring has arrived down in the valley where we live (it was 70 degrees today!) we can still get up to the snow within an hour's drive on the Mesa. And that's a wrap.

5 comments:

Melissa and Matt said...

Such adorable pictures Jamie! I love this post. I am getting so excited for your visit in a few weeks! Travel safe!

Meg said...

Yay for new Ginnie pictures! Those two are so cute together! You live in the best place. How fun to wear shorts at home but get to bundle and play in the snow as well. Too fun!!

Cassadee said...

It has really made my day that I made it into your people I love post! That was the greatest birthday party ever! Love you too friend.

Shawn said...

Thank you, thank you! I'm getting my kisser ready for those cute little ones. Less than a week!

Tima said...

Cute family!! It was nice to hear from you the other day.